New Faculty Institute (NFI) is an academic year-long program for newly hired full-time faculty. This hybrid program is comprised of:
- Blackboard learning modules, consisting of readings, discussions and activities
- Face-to-face meetings, featuring conversation and guest presentations
Both the online and face-to-face components will be facilitated by AVPAA Dr. Lisa Stock and Faculty Development Coordinator Jennifer Kelley.
The goals of New Faculty Institute are to:
- Orient new full-time faculty to College of DuPage
- Help new faculty strengthen their instructional practice and develop reflective habits around teaching
- Create a community of practice among new faculty during their first three years at COD
Over the course of the academic year, new faculty work toward the development of a Personal Education Plan (PEP) a detailed proposal identifying their priorities and goals around professional development.
We hope that our discussions, meetings and other resources will provide new faculty with the foundation for a successful first year – and career – at College of DuPage.
2018-2019 New Faculty Institute Schedule